In a unique collaboration, global leaders from more than 25 aviation and aerospace organisations launched their vision for the skies of 2045 and beyond. The Complete Air Traffic System (CATS) Global Council, a forum of industry bodies, believes that a shared blueprint and joint action are vital to make sure that future skies are efficient, clean, and safe and that they work for travellers, operators, nations, and the environment. Over the next 20 years, extensive and collective changes must be made to make this vision a reality and to build the complete air transport system of the future together. These include:
• The organisation and management of airspace need to be decentralised, harmonised, integrated and highly automated
• Digitisation and technological advancement need to be prioritised to enable the safest and most efficient flying conditions for all manned and unmanned aircraft, including in real-time data, connectivity and data security
• Developments in hybrid technology, cleaner fuels, electrification, carbon capture and flight path optimisation to improve the environmental sustainability of the industry and help society achieve its climate targets
• Digitalisation of the infrastructure of cities to allow aviation operators to create interconnected transport networks, including air taxis and drones
• A common regulatory framework, underpinned by global safety standards, needs to be adopted for a fully integrated system, including at stratosphere and space levels
• Aviation talent must be nurtured to be diverse and highly skilled
Due to pandemic restrictions this year, we are unfortunately unable to stock our usual publications bins at World ATM Congress. Instead, we're happy to offer you access to digital issues of some of the best ATM industry publications. Thank you to our incredible Media Partners and enjoy our virtual pubs bin!